By accessing the website, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Description of Services
- Modifications of Terms
- Acceptable Use
- Release and Indemnity
- Links and Third-Party Services
- Copyright, Trademarks, and Attribution
- Limitation of Liability
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- General Information
Description of Services
The School Studio (“We” or “Arch Over Flow”) – provides an architectural resource and knowledge community for users (“Users” or “you”) via https://archoverflow.com (“Site”). We may offer additional services from time to time. The Site, Arch Overflow, and additional services are referred to together as “the Services.” The following are the terms of service (“Terms”) for using the Site and the Services.
By using the Services, you are agreeing, on behalf of yourself and those you represent, to comply with and be legally bound by these terms and all applicable laws. If you, for yourself or on behalf of those you represent, do not agree to any provision of these terms, you must, for yourself and on behalf any such person(s), discontinue the registration process, discontinue your use of the services, and, if you are already registered, delete your account.
Modifications of Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace the terms at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the terms, we will notify you by posting an announcement on the site, by email to the address provided for your account, or both. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Using any of the Services shall constitute your acceptance of the Terms as modified. We may change, suspend, or discontinue the Services at any time without notice or liability to you. We encourage you to check back to this page for periodic updates.
Currently there are no registration requirements to utilize or benefit from the Services.
Services are available to authorized representatives of legal entities and to individuals who are either (i) at least 18 years old, or (ii) at least 14 years old, and who are authorized to access the Site by a parent or legal guardian. If you have authorized a minor to use the Site, you are responsible for the online conduct of such minor, and the consequences of any misuse of the Site by the minor.
Subject to these Terms, Arch Over Flow grants you permission to use the Services. That permission is not exclusive to you, and you cannot transfer it to anyone else.
- You may search for and utilize the information provided – and otherwise interact with the Services via the Site.
As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by Arch Overflow.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- To access another person’s Account without their specific permission.
- To share a single Account with another person in order for them to access certain features of the Services that are exclusive to your account type or level.
- To use another person’s account in order to access certain features of the Services that are exclusive to their account type or level.
- To download Arch Overflow information or content with the intent of distribution, rehosting, circumventing, or competing with Arch Overflow in any way.
- To abuse, harm, harass, impersonate, and intimidate any person.
- To post or transmit any content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, offensive, or that infringes any copyright, trademark, or other right of any person.
- To submit material containing malicious computer code, such as computer viruses, computer worms, rootkits, back doors, adware, or spyware, to the Services in such a way that you should expect other users of the Services to unwittingly execute that malicious code.
- To falsely imply that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Arch Overflow.
- To sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL
- To operate illegal schemes, such as pyramid schemes, via the Services.
- To advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any third party products or services, or to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
- To disable, avoid, or circumvent any security or access restrictions of the Services, or access parts of the Services not intended for access by you.
- To strain infrastructure of the Services with an unreasonable volume of requests, or requests designed to impose an unreasonable load on IT systems underlying the Services.
- To encourage or assist any other person in violation of “Acceptable Use”.
- For any reason that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use the Services;
Release and Indemnity
You hereby agree to indemnify The School Studio, their officers, directors, managers, employees, representatives, and agents, and hold them harmless for, all liability, expenses, damages, and costs from any third-party claims, demands, lawsuits, or other proceedings alleging that Your Content, your use of the Services, or both, violate the intellectual property right of a third party, this Agreement, or applicable law. You will not settle any such proceeding without the prior written consent of The School Studio. The School Studio will notify you of any such proceeding it becomes aware of.
Links and Third-Party Services
Arch Overflow may hyperlink to and integrate with third-party applications, websites, and other services. Because Arch Overflow has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Arch Overflow is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Arch Overflow will not be liable to you for any damages related to such services. Use of such third-party services may be governed by other terms and privacy notices that are not part of this Agreement.
Copyright, Trademarks, and Attribution
Autodesk, AutoCAD, and Revit are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Arch Overflow is not sponsored, endorsed by, or affiliated with Autodesk, Inc in any way.
Unified Soil Classification System (USCS) is developed and maintained by ASTM Standard D2487, 2000. ASTM International, formerly known as American Society for Testing and Materials, is an international standards organization that develops and publishes voluntary consensus technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services. (astm.org)
Limitation of Liability
Arch Overflow will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if Arch Overflow has been advised of the possibility of these damages), resulting from your use of the service or information provided on the site. Under no circumstances will Arch Overflow’s total liability of all kinds arising out of or related to your use of the service (including but not limited to warranty claims), regardless of the forum and regardless of whether any action or claim is based on contract, tort, or otherwise, exceed $50. This limitation of liability will apply notwithstanding the failure of the essential purpose of any limited remedy in the Terms.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Arch Overflow may terminate or suspend any and all Services and/or your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your Arch Overflow account, you may simply discontinue using the Services. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
We may retain information about your account deletion for record keeping purposes.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You use the Site and the Services at your own risk. The Site and the Services are provided on an “as is, as available” basis. Arch Overflow expressly disclaims all warranties, including the warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Arch Overflow disclaims all responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting from, arising out of or in any way related to (a) any errors in or omissions from this site and the services, including, but not limited to, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors, (b) third party communications, (c) any third party websites or content directly or indirectly accessed through links in the site, including but not limited to any errors or omissions, (d) the unavailability of all or any part of the site or the services, (e) your use of the site or the services, or (f) your use of any equipment or software in connection with the site or the services. (g) informational errors.
Arch Overflow may provide information and software that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, illegal, offensive, or otherwise harmful. Arch Overflow may, but does not promise to, review content provided by the Services.
Arch Overflow cannot and does not provide legal advice.
If a provision of this Agreement is unenforceable as written, but could be changed to make it enforceable, that provision should be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. Otherwise, that provision should be removed. You may not assign this Agreement. Arch Overflow may assign this Agreement to any affiliate of Arch Overflow, any third party that obtains control of Arch Overflow, or any third party that purchases assets of Arch Overflow relating to the Services. Any purported assignment of rights in breach of this provision is void.
Neither the exercise of any right under this Agreement, nor waiver of any breach of this Agreement, waives any other breach of this Agreement.
This Agreement supersedes any other agreements about Arch Overflow Services, written or not.